home about recipes Wonderful food wednesday let me pintroduce you!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mom's Test Meal Monday's #12


 
Welcome to another week of Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!  I hope y'all had a great weekend!  We spent the whole weekend with family.  In my opinion, those are the best weekends!
 
This week for MTM Mondays we are talking about the all American favorite - the sandwich!  Whether its breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, sandwiches always are a crowd-pleaser!  And they are one of my all time favorite meals for busy nights!
 
So to get us kicked off this week, I am joined by my my bombdiggity of a co-host, Paula from Call Me PMc!  She's just awesome y'all.  She needs to no other introduction.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hi friends, I'm Paula, but my friends call me PMc. I blog at Call Me PMc about easy to prepare recipes and menus for busy families, time management and exercise tips, with a little crafts and DIY projects. I would love for you to come visit.
 
 

I was so excited when Jaime asked me to co-host Mom's Test Meal Mondays.  Thank you, Jaime, for allowing me to co-host with you.

Today's theme is sandwiches. I denied the fact that I like sandwiches for a long time.  I don't know why, actually, it just didn't seem like 'cooking' to me or very creative.  Then something snapped, I realized sandwiches can be crazy creative, quick, easy, economical!  And did I mention quick and easy?
Tell me a Mom who doesn't like that!

I came up with this sandwich I call The Country Club.
(For the original post go here: The Country Club)
It's a hearty little slider type sandwich.  My husband loves it; I love it.  My kids like to deconstruct it to eat it, but, hey, whatever works!

Photobucket

 
For one sandwich:
1 Slider or hamburger bun
1 slice mesquite turkey breast
1 slice west Virginia ham
1 slice bacon, cooked and cut in half
1 slice provolone cheese
1 fried egg
1 slice tomato
1 slice lettuce

Toast bun and fry egg. Spread Remoulade sauce on tasted bun. On bottom bun layer turkey, ham, bacon, then egg, cheese, tomato and lettuce. Serve immediately.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I bet there are quite a few of you that are going to be adding an egg to your next club sandwich, aren't you??  And making that Remoulade Sauce??
 
 
So now let's party! 
 
Remember this week's theme is Sandwiches (yes that includes wraps too). 
The party is open to any and all of your favorite recipes, but only sandwich recipes will be featured at the end of the week.  :)
 
Just the reminders:
  • Myself & Paula would love to have you as new friends!! Please take a minute to follow us both via GFC, Twitter, FB, or any other social media you prefer
  • You are welcome to link up any recipe you like but only recipes that are consistent with the week's theme will be featured at the end of the week.
  • Please feel free to grab the button in the sidebar or add a direct link back to the week's party that you are linking up to
  • And finally, go make some new friends ~ spend a few minutes checking out some other recipes that you might want to try out yourself & comment! Everyone loves comments!!
  • Please note that by linking up you are giving permission to use the photos along with a link back to your post in the Mom's Test Meal Mondays Features post & on Mom's Test Kitchen's Social Media Networks
     

And remember, if anyone is interested in being a co-host for Mom's Test Meal Mondays, please email me at momstestkitchen (at) yahoo (dot) com! I'd love to have you!
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Jaime! Enjoy the week :-)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, Jaime! Enjoy the week :-)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jaime for this party :) Wishing you a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting, Jaime! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a fabulous week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting each week :) I've added your link up to my new link up list at www.jodiefitz.com

    Have a GREAT week,

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting Jaime! Hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's an awesome sandwich! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete