Raw veggies, fresh lime juice, golden buttery tortillas ~ these quesadillas were absolutely delicious.
I love corn in pretty much anything but in combo with the zucchini, jalapeno & cilantro ~ it was just perfect. The corn & zucchini mixture can be made in advance & kept in the fridge until dinner making this an even easier weeknight meal.

CORN & ZUCCHINI QUESADILLAS
YIELD: 4 quesadillas
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 can (11 ounces) extra sweet corn niblets
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- juice from 2 small limes
- about 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
INSTRUCTIONS:
Add the corn kernels to a medium bowl. Add the zucchini, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, & olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Cover with a lid & refrigerate until ready to serve.
Brush one side of all tortillas with a small amount of butter; lay a tortilla, buttered side down, in a preheated skillet. Place a quarter of the filling on each tortilla, and sprinkle with a quarter of the cheese. Place the remaining tortillas on top, buttered side up; press down gently with a spatula to seal.
Saute until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden brown, turning once. Remove from the skillet & let cool slightly. To serve, slice each quesadilla into wedges.
Don't head out just yet! Stop by & check out these other quick & easy weeknight meals!
Be sure to stay connected on social media for all the latest recipes & behind the scenes fun!








Quesadillas are definitely one of my favourite quick dinners. What a great new take! :)
ReplyDeleteThey were so good! I'm sure you would love them!! :)
DeleteJust found your blog!
ReplyDeleteNow following!
Looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you. :)
I also have a blog design site. If you ever need a custom blog design, check it out. Christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com
xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com
So I don't like zucchini unless its in bread. But I never thought to make it in a quesadilla! I'm so trying this over the summer.
ReplyDeleteI love the freshness of this recipe. The vegetables helps keep this dish light. Love it. I came here from Triberr and look forward to checking out more recipes.
ReplyDeleteThis is something I would love definitely. Pinning!
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Ellya
@CuriositaEllya
What a great summer recipe! And a great way to use up that zucchini when it starts pouring in soon...
ReplyDeleteYou should stop by and link up to my summer recipe round up! http://lifelovelibrarianship.com/summer-recipe-round-up/
~Visiting from Anyonita Nibbles~
wow, this looks deelish and healthy! I love zucchini and summer squash.
ReplyDeleteYUM! That would make such a good lunch for my hubby now!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have you share this and/or any other recipe at Wednesday Extravaganza - A Foodie Link Party! Hope to see you there :)
http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2013/06/wednesday-extravaganza-34.html
Jamie, these sound totally delish! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Best of the Weekend! Pinning to our party board!
ReplyDeleteOoooooh, how very interesting! :) I'm going to have to try this, but I HATE raw zucchini so I think I might thinly slice it & grill it before adding it to the filling. Either way, great combination & a fresh take on quesadillas! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!
ReplyDeleteMy garden is producing more zucchini that I know what to do with. This sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes, Next Saturday is BLTs. Come on over.
ReplyDeleteWishes for tasty dishes,
Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa