home about recipes Wonderful food wednesday let me pintroduce you!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts

This year for Mother's Day, thanks entirely to Pinterest, I decided to get all crafty and make the moms in our lives a present.  Handmade presents are way more loved right?? ;)

Some would think I would have learned after last years Honey Almond Sugar Scrub I decided to make...



24 hours later...



Yeah, I'm willing to bet if you went to every mom's house, those pretty little jars would still be full :)



Well this year I decided I would try my hand at jewelry making.  I found this great tutorial on a DIY Momma Bird Necklace.  They are beautiful and I thought they would be the perfect gift for Mother's Day! 

Y'all after the first one I wanted to give up on the damn things! 

But no, I kept going...  And I have to admit I'm pretty OK with how they ended up turning out.  I don't think they really look like a nest but I think they are a pretty neat little piece of jewelry.  I did glass beads for each of the moms based on the grand kids rather than the actual children. 

I wish I could provide a nice tutorial of how I did each one but yeah, I had a hard enough time trying to remember how I did it between each necklace!  I think on one of them I started over at least 5 times before I finally liked how it was looking!



Sorry the pictures aren't great!!

The tutorial on the Honey Almond Sugar Scrub can be found here.

The tutorial on the DIY Momma Bird Necklace can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment