It's gotten so stinkin' hot here! We haven't been below 100 degrees in at least a week. Granted, this is better than normal. I think last year we went over 40 straight days of 100+ degree weather! When it gets this hot, especially since the Hubs works outside 75% of the day, you get to a point where you just don't want to eat anything heavy, and you almost don't want to eat anything period. So this week we are trying to beat the heat by just having a week of easy sandwiches! :)
MONDAY:
Slow-Cooked Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (carry-over)
Onion Rings
TUESDAY:
Leftovers - Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
WEDNESDAY:
Fajita Pitas with Cilantro Lime Mayo
Chips & Homemade Salsa
THURSDAY:
Chicken Sandwiches on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
French Fries
FRIDAY:
Chicken Gyros
SATURDAY:
Date Night
SUNDAY:
We will be with family
What are some of your favorite beat the heat/light meals? I'd love for you to leave me a link to one of your favorite recipes! I've got at least a whole month of this weather to go!!

Be sure to join in the fun for
KITCHEN WEEK @ Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts
August 12-18, 2012
THIS MENU PROUDLY LINKED TO: OrgJunkie


Stopping by from the G+ blog hop, and so glad I found your blog. Your newest follower. :)
ReplyDeleteI have days I just don't wanna cook ... period! Sandwiches make life so much easier :)
ReplyDeleteStopping by from a leisurely stroll through Tuesday's GFC blog hop :D I've been meaning to share my weekly menus but haven't ever gotten around to it. This gives me that little bit of umph to get it done :D By the way: I LOVE Hawaiian Sweet Rolls!
ReplyDelete-Jessica
{Sugar in My Grits}
http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/
Kathy ~ so happy to have you as a new friend! Thank you for following! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteJamie ~ isn't that the truth!! The sandwiches were actually the Hubs idea! I was all for it!! :)
ReplyDeleteJessica ~ thanks so much for stopping by!! I'm bad about sharing my menus too! I'll do good for a couple of weeks and then I'll forget to share them for a couple of weeks! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the name of your blog!! :)
Hello, stopping by from "Return the Favor" blog hop!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading your posts!
Best Wishes,
Jenn
http://jennsnotsoglamorouslife.blogspot.com/