
I'm going to be honest and say that I was nervous picking out a recipe. Bean's blog is a gluten-free & sometimes other allergy free blog! I know absolutely NOTHING about gluten free recipes & products & cooking!! But I loved reading through her posts and recipes and learning more about gluten-free cooking. I finally decided to try her Gluten Free White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries. Since we don't have the allergies here in the Test Kitchen, I adapted her recipe to fit what I had in my pantry & we loved these cookies! The Mister ate 6 out of the first dozen that came out of the oven!!

CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
YIELD: 4-5 dozen cookies
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 & 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg, milk & vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the 1/2 tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set, depending on the size of your cookie and how crispy you want it to be.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.



These do look delicious--but I have never met a cookie I didn't like!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is GF so I will check out the original post and make a yummy treat my daughter can eat.
Great SRC pick
Oh yum! I could eat a dozen of these!
ReplyDeleteOoooh! Love the combo of cranberry and white chocolate... never seen it in an OATMEAL cookie! Great pick!
ReplyDeleteYummy! These look good. I make a similar cookie around the holidays. You should try the gluten free version sometime, just for fun. I have several friends now who are gluten free and I've learned to make some pretty decent recipes.
ReplyDeleteThese look amazing!
ReplyDeleteAny oatmeal cookie with add-ins is a winner in my book! These sound amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat combination of flavours!!! Wonderful SRC pick!
ReplyDeleteLOVELY looking cookies, a GREAT SRC pick! Karen
ReplyDeleteOh yum! I absolutely love white chocolate and cranberry cookies, but I've never tried making them myself - thanks so much for this recipe :)
ReplyDelete