home about recipes Wonderful food wednesday let me pintroduce you!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our Family Lunch Date!

With an almost 3 year old, the Mister and I very rarely actually go out on dates.  We typically do a 'date night in' Saturday nights where we enjoy takeout & a movie from the comfort of our sofa.  This past weekend we decided to splurge a little & after church on Sunday we had a family lunch date.  Even though we were splurging, we weren't going to go all out crazy with our spending, so we decided to head down the street to BJ's Restaurant.

We really like BJ's Restaurant.  I have to pause now and say that I can never just call it BJ's ~ I always have to add the restaurant.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my mind sometimes lives in an inappropriate place.  Anyway, back on track...  like I was saying we really like going to eat there.  Their food is sooo good, the Mister can keep track of whatever game is on while we're there and they still manage to somehow make a Brewhouse kid-friendly!  Princess P loves their crayons ~ they are triangle shaped ;)

Showing Momma her triangle crayons

Typically when we do go out to eat, the Mister & I will share a plate so it prevents either one of us from overeating!  That was our plan going in to lunch & then we saw the amazing new special they have going on ~ THE PARTY FOR TWO!  With the Party For Two, you get to pick either a soup or salad to start off with.  Then you get your choice of any of their medium deep dish pizzas.  And finally the icing on the cake?  End your meal with any of their Famous Pizookie desserts!!  All that food for just under $20!  We were sold!

my delicious Caesar salad

We both started out with a Caesar salad.  For some reason, I just think you can't have pizza with any other type of salad but Caesar.  No clue why.  I'm weird.  I let the Mister pick out the pizza we were going to share & I didn't fully pay attention to which one he decided on.  Even though the man knows I have a serious aversion to mushrooms, he orders the pizza covered in fungi.  Sometimes I think he does these things on purpose.  But he loves them & I could pick them off so all was good. 

the Great White Pizza ~
you know the pizza's good when the cheese starts to fall off when you pick up your piece!

The pizza was big enough that even with us sharing it, there was still leftovers for us to box up & take home!  It could have also been partly because I knew I had to save room for the Famous Pizookie, which I had never had before!!  And oh my heavens, it did not disappoint!  We got the original Pizookie but had I known the Mister wasn't going to eat any of it, I so would have gone with the Peanut Butter version.  Next time ~ I've got until the end of April to convince him we need to go back! :)

taking my first bite of awesomeness

Princess P digging in

I'd say the Pizookie got her stamp of approval!

So, if y'all have any date nights or girls night outs planned or just want to eat out on a good deal, you should seriously head over to your local BJ's Restaurant & try out the Party For Two!  You've got until April 29th to take advantage of the deal!!

To stay up to date on the latest happenings of BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, you can stalk them here:


Disclosure:
This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Bj’s Restaurants but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Bjsrestaurants http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

No comments:

Post a Comment