home about recipes Wonderful food wednesday let me pintroduce you!

Monday, March 25, 2013

When Cooking Isn't An Option #FrozenFacts

I know I have told y'all before but I, for the most part, cook dinner for our little family 6 days a week.  Every week.  It never ends...  Sometimes, though, spending even 30 minutes standing in my kitchen isn't an option.  When these times happen, when I'm not able to prepare a healthy, semi-homemade dinner for the family, I like to have healthy back up options that are easy enough to make so the Mister can handle feeding himself.  This is why we both love the ConAgra Foods Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.  The Mister & I both love Asian flavors & Healthy Choice has an amazing line of Asian Inspired Cafe Steamers!

ConAgra Foods Healthy Choice Asian Inspired Pineapple Chicken Cafe Steamer


Now, I know some of y'all are probably thinking, I could simply do some freezer cooking and still have homemade meals available for nights I'm not able to cook.  You're probably saying to yourself there's no way that frozen 'tv dinner' is a healthy alternative to a homemade meal.  Or you could be saying there's no way that frozen meal tastes anywhere near as good as a homemade plate of food.  And with some of the choices out there, you'd be right!  But that's exactly why we love Healthy Choice ~  not only do they provide automatic portion control but the meals are made with simple, fresh ingredients.  Another reason we really love Healthy Choice meals is because they offer quite a few meatless options & that is not something you often find with frozen meals!

ConAgra Foods Healthy Choice Asian Inspired Pineapple Chicken Cafe Steamer

So how about it ~ next time you're running short on time for dinner and are tempted to just take the easy way out of hitting up that drive thru, why not allow ConAgra Foods to let you put something healthier on the table instead?!




ConAgra Foods frozen meals give families access to real ingredients like crunchy, freshly cut vegetables, homemade pasta and ripe fruit year-round. Just like most people blanch veggies before freezing them – ConAgra Foods does too – to help preserve color, texture and keep them fresh!
Give it a try sometime! Marie Callender’s hearty pot pies are filled with tender meat, freshly cut vegetables and Marie’s authentic golden, flaky crust. And Healthy Choice recipes use chef-inspired ingredients like, apples instead of sugar for tart sweetness and a splash of red wine for a punch of flavor instead of added salt.


ConAgra-Foods

Disclaimer:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ConAgra Foods.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment