home about recipes Wonderful food wednesday let me pintroduce you!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Slow Cooked Cuban Pulled Pork

This pork was amazing.  Juicy, tender and the flavor was just perfect.  Serve it on your favorite baguette ~ be sure to toast it up with some butter first ~ with some lettuce, cilantro, caramelized onions, mayo and maybe even some pickles if you're really adventurous.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.




SLOW COOKED CUBAN PULLED PORK


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 & 1/2 pounds pork shoulder butt country style ribs
  • 3 cups orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • juice from 1 small lime
  • 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • salt & pepper to season

COOKING DIRECTIONS:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
  2. Break apart the pork with 2 forks and serve.
 
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Use Real Butter   



THIS RECIPE MAY BE SHARED AT ANY OF THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
   

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Our Kroger just had BOGO on pork roasts this week, and I grabbed two. Think they would work for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noooo.... the pickles are a must if you want it to be a REAL Cuban! ;)
    I love Cuban sandwiches! Had my first one the first time I visited Key West- it was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good and it's made in the slow cooker! I will have to try this soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, we love pulled pork, but I haven't had it Cuban style. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just looks fantastic! I love it! And I LOOOOVE pretty much any recipe that I can cook in my crock pot! Thanks so much for sharing this on my brand new link party...the FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful!! I am so happy to tell you that it is featured in this weeks Manic Monday! Come on by and share a few more posts today and don't forget to pick up your "featured" button!!

    http://bobbiskozykitchen.blogspot.com/2013/03/manic-monday-party-30.html

    ReplyDelete