This chicken salad was a delicious twist on a traditional chicken salad! If you love cilantro, this will be a winner in your book! This was the first time I have tried using an avocado in chicken salad instead of mayo & even though the chicken salad doesn't stay pretty, it sure does taste good! I will definitely continue using avocados. If you haven't tried it either, you really should :)
AVOCADO CILANTRO CHICKEN SALAD
YIELD: 2 servings
INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (3 boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, mashed
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch chili powder
- pinch ground cumin
- juice from 1 small lime
- salt & pepper to season
COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Combine chicken, green onions, red onions, cilantro & avocado in a medium bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the chicken mixture & mix. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: skinnytaste
So, what's your favorite recipe using avocados?




This looks so yummy!
ReplyDeleteLove this variation to chicken salad! The cilantro and avocado sound perfect!
ReplyDeleteI would have to omit the cilantro- maybe sub parsley? But this sounds so good! I love avocado. I love to just slice an avocado in half, sprinkle it with kosher salt, and spoon it right out of the peel. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds SO good! Thanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteYum! This looks delicious, Jaime! I LOVE avocado so this is perfect! Pinned!
ReplyDelete