This recipe was good but not great. The chicken was very moist, it just lacked flavor. I thought it would have more of an ooomph with everything included in the sauce but it was suprisingly lacking.
If I try it again, I might add some lemon juice to the sauce instead of just laying the lemon on top of the chicken. It really didn't have much of a point other than trying to make it pretty.
But, if I had a grill, I think what I would do is marinate the chicken in the sauce & then grill the chicken and pineapple instead of baking. I think that would give it alot more flavor!
That actually makes this dish sound really good.
Can someone buy me a grill?
Pretty Please??
PINEAPPLE LEMON CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
LETS COOK:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken in a shallow 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice with the garlic, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. Stir the sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken ~ mine were thick so they had to bake for awhile, thinly cut breasts would probably only need 20-30 minutes.
- Arrange pineapple slices and lemon slices on top of chicken, baste with the sauce in pan and continue baking 5 minutes longer.



Love this recipe, I am bookmarking so I can make this!
ReplyDeleteFound you on Our Everyday Harvest Blog Party. Love this recipe. Newest Follower. Would like you to join our Linky Party going on this weekend.
ReplyDeletehttp://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com/2012/10/foodie-friends-friday-october-1112.html